Hoverboards are undoubtedly a great invention. These devices are very versatile and convenient to use. But, what do you think, do hoverboards have a weight limit?
It is evident that when you need to travel over a short distance, these electric self-balancing scooters are the best. Not only for work, but these are great for having some fun too. Besides, it has many advantages to it, like improving your posture and reflexes.
And, the weight limit depends on the hoverboard you purchase and your age. So, let us dig further and see why is the weight limit so important.
Weight Limit of a Hoverboard
So, do hoverboards have a weight limit? Yes, they do. Every vehicle in the world has a weight limit. Therefore, it is not unusual to expect that these will have a weight limit too.
The weight limit of a hoverboard ensures that it can take up the weight of your body or the rider plays a vital role in controlling the vehicle.
When you have the appropriate weight and the right hoverboard, it will perform differently and efficiently.
The weight limit matters a lot when your ride your hoverboard.
Hoverboard Weight Limits
Many people are wondering if hoverboards have a weight limit or not. When they ask, they want to buy or know if it’s okay for a grown-up person to ride it.
So, here is a list that can tell you about the things you want to know about weight limits for your hoverboard.
- The wheels of the hoverboards come in different sizes. So you are looking for a hoverboard for your child, you should pick a hoverboard with a wheel diameter of 4.5 inches. The weight limit for this hoverboard should be 55 kilograms or 120 lbs.
- If you are looking for a hoverboard for a teenager, pick the hoverboard with a 6.5-inch wheel diameter. These hoverboards can carry a load of up to 100 kilograms or 220 lbs.
- If you are an adult, you should pick the hoverboard with a wheel diameter of 8.5-inches. These are often considered super-duty hoverboards, and they can easily survive a weight up to 120 kilograms or 265 lbs.
- If you want more, then some hoverboards have a wheel diameter of 10-inches. As a result, they can carry much greater weight, up to 150 kilograms or 330lbs.
However, some can deal with a weight of 420 lbs but are available in a higher price range.
- These hoverboard models require a minimum weight of 44 lbs. If you fail to meet the weight requirement, you probably won’t control the hoverboard.
The best advantage of these hoverboards is that two people of different ages cannot ride each other’s hoverboards.
If a kid tries to ride an advanced model, chances are he won’t be able to control it. On the other hand, aged people using a small model will break down the hoverboard.
Consequences If You Do Not Follow the Weight Limit
If you do not follow the weight limit of the products, the hoverboard will break after a few months. So to keep it functional, you need to pay close attention to the weight limits.
Here are some consequences if you don’t follow the weight limit –
- Most hoverboards are constructed using ABS plastic, which is considered to be very durable. But, even the most rigid material fails when a heavy guy rides the hoverboard. The loads result in cracks, and once it breaks, the interior components also get affected.
- If the overloading continues, the wheels, axles, and brackets will get damaged eventually. In this case, it will start to malfunction, and you are likely to lose a wheel of your hoverboard.
- If you carry things along with you while riding, it may result in sudden braking of the hoverboard.
Do Hoverboards Have a Weight Limit? Oh, yes, they do. If a vehicle does not have a weight limit, it can lead to many bad things. Therefore, weight limit and minimum required weight always play a crucial role when riding a vehicle.
If you are underweight, you steer or control your ride, and if you are overweight for the hoverboard, it will break down, and you will be hurt. No matter how you look at it, it’s a loss of money and time. Therefore, use hoverboards according to your weight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Maximum Weight Limit for A Hoverboard?
It depends on your age group and weight. If it’s for kids, a hoverboard can take 55 kilograms, and if it’s for an adult, some hoverboards can take up to 100 kilograms.
I Am an Adult; Can I Use a Hoverboard?
Yes, you can. Why not? Once you get the right hoverboard according to your weight, you are all set to have some fun with your hoverboard.
What Is the Average Lifespan of a Hoverboard?
If you are investing in a good-quality hoverboard, it can easily last for 3 – 4 years. If you maintain it properly, it can last longer. But if a man like Thanos rides it, breaking down of the hoverboard is inevitable.