Are you troubled with your electric scooter? Is your electric scooter not working? Do not worry, here I have got a pretty easy electric scooter repair guide for you.
Electric scooters are of great convenience and are very useful when you need to travel less distance. These electric scooters use various motor configurations. Electric scooters come in multiple designs, and the motors are generally installed on the rear wheel but sometimes front.
So before you try to troubleshoot your electric scooter, you need to know which type of motor and where it is actually installed.
- 1 Troubleshooting Your Electric Scooter
- 2 Troubleshooting The Accelerator
- 3 Circuit Blow Out
- 4 Summary
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your Electric Scooter
So, let’s start step by step with your electric scooter repair guide –
Check The Motor
In this step, you need to disconnect each wire carefully if any of the wire is damaged. Next, check every wire and the motor as well. Finally, try smelling the motor and other components that are installed.
A motor does not work if it gets damaged, probably because of overheating the coil or short-circuit. Hence, if you find a problem with the motor, get it replaced immediately.
Check The Cell Components
An electric scooter won’t work if it has a faulty power supply. Check both the battery and the charger both. Put in on charge and see if it’s charging; if you get the same result every time, you better replace it.
Check Throttle and The Power-Switch
Sometimes the scooter may not work if there is a problem with the throttle. To check, use a 5v DC voltmeter. If there is a problem, it will detect it right away. However, if there is an issue, you should get it fixed by a professional.
If your scooter does not start, try switching ‘on’ and ‘off’ a few times. If the switch gets loose, it won’t work. Also, you can do it with the help of a voltmeter.
Troubleshooting The Accelerator
If the motor is working fine, but still the scooter is not moving, you should check the accelerator. To check the accelerator, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Turn on the power switch
- Inspect the fuse
- Push the scooter in a forward direction. Pushing the scooter helps in starting the scooter sometimes.
- Inspect the braking level if it’s good
- Check if the components are supplied with adequate power from the battery
- Use a voltmeter to check the voltage of the cell
- Try to accelerate and see if it works
Even after trying, the scooter fails to start to contact your mechanic. There might be some problems that you cannot trace.
Circuit Blow Out
Another reason for your electric scooter to not respond can be the circuit. If the circuit keeping on booming out, your engine won’t start.
Follow the steps to determine the status of the circuit. Be cautious, and circuits are pretty complicated.
- The circuit will tend to blow out if your scooter has a more significant load; hence you need to check if the scooter is overloaded or not.
- The circuit will blow out if there is a defective electrical component inside. Check the scooter components carefully.
- If the circuit or fuse is flawed in the first place, your scooter will not respond. Hence inspect the fuse.
- Inspect the accelerator
It gets very annoying when you are outside, and your electric scooter shuts down on you. I have encountered these situations. Do you face this situation when on the road? It is not unusual for people to use an electric scooter.
This occurs mainly when your scooter is dealing with a greater load. The load terminates the functionality. It may also occur for some other reasons like a faulty motor or accelerator.
Here is a quick electric scooter repair guide for you, which can you can use to determine the prime cause when your scooter shuts down.
I hope this article was resourceful for you. And while checking things, make sure you stay cautious because these circuits and batteries are pretty dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Troubleshoot the Motor?
- Switch on the power-key
- Ensure the circuit breaker is working fine
- Push the electric scooter forward to boost the motor
- Charge the battery for at least 12 hours
- Check the motor if all its components are in place
- Inspect the brake lever
- Use the voltmeter to determine the status of the battery
- Test the battery on a running scooter
- Inspect the accelerator
The Motor Is Working, But the Scooter Is Not Moving; What to Do?
If the motor is working fine, but your scooter is not budging an inch, you probably have something wrong with the transmission system or the belt.
If this happens, you need to head to your mechanic. If you discover that the chain is damaged, you should change it.
How Do I Reset My Electric Scooter?
The scooter’s engine will terminate if the scooter is overloaded. When the scooter is bearing a greater load, the circuit will automatically push off, and your scooter will come to a halt.
To reset the scooter, you need to correct the driving or riding conditions. First, wait for a few minutes, then press the reset button.